A healthcare spending account (HCSA or HSA) is a great way for any business to customize their benefits plan to suit their compensation philosophy and business goals. It can complement a traditional core health and dental plan or it can be a standalone solution. It can be used to compensate specific groups within your group differently, according to your business needs (for example, offering larger HCSA amounts based on seniority).
Small Biz Advisor recently published two articles about HCSAs, discussing how they can be used creatively to meet a company’s needs and how small businesses can benefit from implementing them. Our President, Robert Crowder, was interviewed for both articles to provide an expert perspective.
Cost control and employee retention are two advantages an HCSA offers small businesses. In one of the articles, Rob affirms that “cost is king for small business owners and having the ability to offer employees benefits but still control the costs is something clients are looking for”. In the second article, he goes on to say, “employers are looking to work with their employees and keep them motivated. Employers are using healthcare spending accounts in creative ways to motivate existing employees”.
We encourage you to check out the full articles from Small Biz Advisor:
Our brief HCSA explanatory video is a great tool for advisors to quickly and easily explain what an HCSA is and how it works to their clients. Check it out below!
The Benefits Trust can help you integrate an HCSA into your current plan, or build a new customized benefits solution unique to your business. Contact us today!
Check out our FREE eBook for a comprehensive look at HCSAs: “The Smart Business Owner’s Guide to Healthcare Spending Accounts.”
More on HCSAs from The Benefits Trust:
- How Do You Transition from a Conventional Benefits Plan to a Healthcare Spending Account?
- Do You Know These Details about Healthcare Spending Accounts?
- The Four Pitfalls of Self-Managing Your Healthcare Spending Account
- April 2nd is National Employee Benefits Day 2018 - March 28, 2018
- Fraud Prevention Month 2018: 5 Questions to Ask Yourself - March 23, 2018
- Stop Being Afraid of Your Clients - July 28, 2017
- Happy Holidays from The Benefits Trust! See Our Holiday Hours - December 19, 2016
- Sanofi Healthcare Survey Reveals Canadians Want More Flexible and Integrated Health Benefit Plans - December 14, 2016
- Do Employee Benefits Trump Higher Salaries for Millennials? - October 25, 2016
- Robert Crowder Encourages Small Business Benefits Advisors to Offer Healthcare Spending Accounts - October 12, 2016
- How Does the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Program Work with a Benefits Plan for Employees Over 65? - September 15, 2016
- Update on Canada Post Strike - August 25, 2016
- Congratulations to Our 2016 Canada Day Photo Contest Winners! - July 22, 2016