World Health Day was established by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a worldwide campaign, Inviting all who want to participate, to focus on a sole health challenge with global impact.
They encourage us to spend one day, April 7th, devoted to raising awareness and to increase our knowledge on one specific health issue. This year’s theme “Good Health Adds Life to Years” deals with concerns with aging and the elderly. The WHO took an in-depth look at health information and data on ageing in order to help spread the word on how to better understand the needs of the elderly. This is a concern that everyone can understand and will eventually concern every single person, no matter what age, shape, size, color, or income bracket.
The WHO provides a “Toolkit” for World Health Day events or activities, which offers ideas for planning and implementing campaigns and highlights key points dealing with this years theme.
Some of the topics covered in their Tool Kit include:
- Population Trends
- Calls to Action
- Communication Materials
- How To’s For Audience Engagement Through Med
- The Demographics of Ageing
- The Epidemiology of Population Ageing
- Four Key Actions That Governments and Societies Can Take Now for Healthier and More Active Ageing
- Contacts for Technical and Communications Support
(Photo Courtesy of: Adam Jones, Ph.D.)
- Changes Coming to OHIP in 2020 - November 26, 2019
- Canadian Businesses Turning to Flexible Benefits Plans - October 7, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Three - June 6, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Two - May 14, 2019
- Dental Fees in Ontario Rising 4.19% This Year: What Can You Do? - March 22, 2019
- How to Combat the Skyrocketing Cost of Dental Claims - October 24, 2018
- Virtual Care in Canada, Here to Stay! - September 18, 2018
- Rob Crowder Celebrates 30 Years in the Business! - August 17, 2018
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part One - July 26, 2018
- Valuable HR Resources for The Benefits Trust Clients - June 21, 2018