From all of us at The Benefits Trust, happy National Employee Benefits Day!
Organized by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), this event is intended to help employees and employers learn more about benefits plans and their overall health and wellness.
This year’s theme is financial fitness – including topics such as budgeting, saving for retirement, and managing debt. Did you know, according to an IFEBP survey, only 13% of organizations said their employees were very or extremely financial savvy?
Fiscal fitness is important! Here’s a video from IFEBP with financial tips from the “brofessionals”:
The video discusses enrolling in the company’s 401K program (a program in the U.S.), but for all of us in Ontario, be sure to let employees know the details about your company’s retirement savings plan or pension plan. In a few years, all Ontario companies will be required to offer an Ontario Retirement Pension Plan (ORPP) or comparable retirement plan for employees. Learn more about ORPP and requirements here.
Employee Benefits Day is a great time for employers to re-evaluate their benefits plans and think about whether their plan is addressing the wellbeing of their employees (financially and otherwise) as well as their business goals.
IFEBP Financial Fitness Resources
- Financial Fitness Quiz: Share this with your employees to help them self-assess their financial situation.
- Month-by-Month Financial Fitness Communication Posters:Quick tips to educate employees about the basics of investment diversification and retirement planning.
- Retirement Security Strategies Checklist: Assess what your organization is doing now and see suggestions for other initiatives to help employees achieve retirement security.
Follow the conversation today on social media with the hashtag #NEBD.
The Benefits Trust helps employers build custom benefits plans that are clear, flexible, and transparent. Contact us today.
Do you know the benefits of Healthcare Spending Accounts? Download our FREE eBook: The Smart Business Owner’s Guide to Healthcare Spending Accounts.
More on Benefits Plans from The Benefits Trust:
- How Do You Transition from a Conventional Benefits Plan to a Healthcare Spending Account?
- I Want an “Administrative Services Only” Benefits Plan: Should I Choose a Pay-as-You-Go or Budgeted Plan?
- Are All Your Eggs in One Basket with Your Benefits Plan? Add Stability and Flexibility with a Full Service Third Party Administrator