National Employee Benefits Day, recognized both in Canada and U.S, will be celebrated on April 2nd this year. The annual holiday was established by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) in 2004 as a way for plan sponsors, such as trustees, administrators, corporate benefits practitioners and professional advisors, to acknowledge their commitment to employee benefits and well-being. The IFEBP encourages employers to spend the day evaluating their employee benefit offerings and exploring the benefit options that the company provides, as well as using the time to recognize themselves and their peers for all of the hard work and dedication needed to make this industry thrive. This years focus is to learn about and evaluate current retirement security or wellness initiatives.
Every year the IFEBP posts tips for creative ways to celebrate with your company.
This years tips for celebrating are:
- Hosting a lunch-and-learn program led by your Benefits Team
- Bringing in a guest speaker to talk on a specific aspect of your plan’s health care or retirement offerings
- Surveying your staff about the wellness/VBHC or retirement security initiatives they’d like to see offered in the future
- Why not use the day to implement a new wellness program or retirement security measure? Or if you already have initiatives in place, hold Q&A sessions, for large groups or one-on-one, so your employees can better understand what you offer!
- Don`t forget to add some fun games, prizes or team building exercises as well!
They also offer some cool swag to help you show your support in style – be sure to give their gift shop a visit.
Resources offered by IFEBP focusing on retirement security/preparedness and workplace wellness:
Find financial and retirement literacy resources, government resources, recent news and survey updates and upcoming opportunities to learn more.
Pension Reform Central
Get the latest news and legislative updates on pension funding reform and retirement income adequacy in Canada.
Learn more about workplace wellness with government and International Foundation resources.
- Case Study: Reflecting Your Company Culture in Your Benefits Plan - May 21, 2020
- Case Study: Addressing Employee Demands for More Benefit Choices in Family Owned Business - February 21, 2020
- Changes Coming to OHIP in 2020 - November 26, 2019
- Canadian Businesses Turning to Flexible Benefits Plans - October 7, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Three - June 6, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Two - May 14, 2019
- Dental Fees in Ontario Rising 4.19% This Year: What Can You Do? - March 22, 2019
- How to Combat the Skyrocketing Cost of Dental Claims - October 24, 2018
- Virtual Care in Canada, Here to Stay! - September 18, 2018
- Rob Crowder Celebrates 30 Years in the Business! - August 17, 2018