The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has replaced their former Interpretation Bulletins (IR) with Income Tax Folios.
The former bulletin used by many providers (including The Benefits Trust) as a common reference for determining eligible and ineligible expenses for Health Care Spending Accounts and executive benefits plans was IT-519R2, Medical Expense and Disability Tax Credits and Attendant Care Expense Deduction. It has been replaced by the following Income Tax Folios: S1-F1-C1, S1-F1-C2, and S1-F1-C3.
Click here to find the CRA’s new folio addressing medical expense tax credit. This updated information is crucial for advisors to know when helping their clients understand what expenses are eligible to claim.
- SelectFlex Benefits for Small Groups of 3 or More Employees - June 9, 2016
- Can I Have a Benefits Plan for One? [Video] - April 19, 2016
- Happy National Employee Benefits Day 2016! - April 4, 2016
- How Do You Transition to a Healthcare Spending Account? - March 15, 2016
- Access to Publicly Funded In Vitro Fertilization for Women under 43 - October 26, 2015
- Do You Know These Details about Employee Assistance Programs? - October 16, 2015
- What Is a Healthcare Spending Account? [Video] - July 2, 2015
- FREE eBook! Get “The Smart Employer’s Guide to HCSAs” - February 19, 2015
- Do You Know These Important OHIP Coverage Details? - February 13, 2015
- The Four Pitfalls of Self-Managing Your Healthcare Spending Account - January 14, 2015