Happy National Employee Benefits Day from all of us at The Benefits Trust!
Organized by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP), this day recognizes trustees, administrators, benefits practitioners, and professional advisors for their dedication to providing quality benefits and the important role they play in their colleagues’ well-being.
This year, the theme is Behavioural Decision Making. Plan sponsors can learn more about the theories of behavioral decision making and how to use them to positively influence employee benefits communications and the decisions of participants.
Check out this fun video from IFEBP on how you can help your plan participants save more for retirement:
National Employee Benefits Day is a great time for employers to re-evaluate their benefits plans and think about whether their plan is addressing the wellbeing of their employees as well as their business goals, as well as how effectively benefits-related information is being communicated.
IFEBP Behavioural Decision Making Resources
- Behavioral Decision Making Quick Guide: A quick lesson on the must-know terms of Behavioural Decision Making.
- Ten Ways Behavioral Finance Can Boost Retirement Security: Leverage the findings of research on Behavioural Finance to communicate more effectively with plan members about their retirement security.
- 10 Things You Should Know to Improve Financial and Health Outcomes with Employees: Using principles from Psychological Science and Behavioral Economics, you can guide your employees to make better decisions.
Remember to follow the conversation on social media today with the hashtag #NEBD.
The Benefits Trust helps employers build custom benefits plans that are clear, flexible, and transparent. Contact us today.
More on Benefits Plans from The Benefits Trust:
- Selling Benefits Plans to Religious Organizations, Not-for-Profits, Charities, and Other Special Interest Groups
- Can I Offer Benefits for Employees over 70?
- How Do You Transition from a Conventional Benefits Plan to a Healthcare Spending Account?
- April 2nd is National Employee Benefits Day 2018 - March 28, 2018
- Fraud Prevention Month 2018: 5 Questions to Ask Yourself - March 23, 2018
- Stop Being Afraid of Your Clients - July 28, 2017
- Happy Holidays from The Benefits Trust! See Our Holiday Hours - December 19, 2016
- Sanofi Healthcare Survey Reveals Canadians Want More Flexible and Integrated Health Benefit Plans - December 14, 2016
- Do Employee Benefits Trump Higher Salaries for Millennials? - October 25, 2016
- Robert Crowder Encourages Small Business Benefits Advisors to Offer Healthcare Spending Accounts - October 12, 2016
- How Does the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Program Work with a Benefits Plan for Employees Over 65? - September 15, 2016
- Update on Canada Post Strike - August 25, 2016
- Congratulations to Our 2016 Canada Day Photo Contest Winners! - July 22, 2016