We have been very busy lately at The Benefits Trust, developing new tools and online resources for both our members and advisor partners, attending conferences to stay up to date on the latest in the benefits and insurance industry, and hosting educational webinars and seminars for advisors. We also recently sent out our 50th Trusted Advisor newsletter, which was a great milestone!
In this post, we wanted to share with you a few of the exciting things we have been involved in lately:
- 1. New Tools and Resources
We’ve recently launched some new tools and resources for members and for our advisor partners:
- Online Claims Form
- Healthcare Spending Account Balance Checker
- New Video: Can I Have a Benefits Plan for One?
We appreciate the positive feedback from everyone on these improvements in our Employee Resource Centre, and our expanding pool of advisor tools.
- 2. Advisor Webinars and In-House Workshop
Our ongoing advisor webinars – delivered live and worth 1 CE credit – have been a huge success. We still have summer dates available for five of our popular topics, so sign up soon!
We also hosted two sessions of an in-house hands-on sales workshop that SOLD OUT in attendance. This workshop helps advisors grow their businesses through customized benefits plans, particularly ASO plans. Due to its popularity, we will be running this workshop again in July, so claim your spot now!
- 3. Canada Sales Congress
Our sales team Rob Crowder, Mike Ignatz, and Karen Taylor Smith attended the 2016 Canada Sales Congress earlier this week, where 16 great speakers shared their insights on sales and business development strategies with the 1,200 delegates.
Notably, our advisor partner David Brown spoke this year about “18 Tips to Get to the Top”. Three key insights from David were to 1) Brand your process; 2) Report your activity to stay on track; and 3) Create a pipeline of new business to bolster continual growth.
This year’s #CanadaSalesCongress reminded everyone to remember the basics, and that the most important sales tool is asking good questions of prospects and clients.
Last year, Rob spoke at the Sales Congress himself, on the topic of achieving extraordinary sales success. Click here to watch the video of his talk.
- 4. Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU) Annual Meeting
We recently attended the CALU Annual Meeting in Ottawa, which involved a keynote about finance innovation, marketing, and management from business and research expert Jeremy Gutsche.
CALU meets annually to discuss legislative and public policy issues regarding insurance products such as critical illness and long-term disability.
We are excited to have so much going on here! If you have any questions about any of our tools, resources, or benefits solutions, don’t hesitate to get in touch; we are never too busy for our advisor partners and plan members.
The Benefits Trust helps successful business owners build a better benefits plan than they can get anywhere else. Contact us today to get started!
Check out our FREE eBook for a comprehensive look at HSAs: “The Smart Business Owner’s Guide to Healthcare Spending Accounts.”
More from The Benefits Trust:
- How Employers Can Change Their Benefits Plan without Re-Enrollment
- How Do You Transition from a Conventional Benefits Plan to a Healthcare Spending Account?
- Fraud Prevention Month 2016: Health and Medical, Small Business, and Employment Scams [Video]
- Mitigating Risk in Your Client’s Benefits Plan Design – Part 1 - September 24, 2020
- Case Study: Freeing Yourself From the Commodity Mindset - August 27, 2020
- Case Study: Reflecting Your Company Culture in Your Benefits Plan - May 21, 2020
- Case Study: Addressing Employee Demands for More Benefit Choices in Family Owned Business - February 21, 2020
- Changes Coming to OHIP in 2020 - November 26, 2019
- Canadian Businesses Turning to Flexible Benefits Plans - October 7, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Three - June 6, 2019
- Common Benefits Advisor Problems: Adding Value, Part Two - May 14, 2019
- Dental Fees in Ontario Rising 4.19% This Year: What Can You Do? - March 22, 2019
- How to Combat the Skyrocketing Cost of Dental Claims - October 24, 2018