A recent article from Benefits Canada discusses the importance of a regular comprehensive health assessment (CHA). A CHA involves 12-15 diagnostic tests necessary to assess the state of your health for the next year. CHAs can be crucial for spotting health problems early.
The author points out research showing that healthier companies’ financial performance exceeds that of the overall market performance, and suggests using the CHA as a talent acquisition and retention strategy.
Rather than paying the direct cost of the assessment (a CHA from The Medcan Clinic will cost $2,595), there are tax advantages to including a CHA in your organization’s benefits plan. Benefits plan premiums are tax-deductible to the employer, and eligible medical expenses reimbursed through a properly defined benefits plan are not a taxable benefit to the employee.
There are a number of strategies for including expenses like the CHA in a benefits package:
- Make the CHA available through a healthcare spending account
- Create a flexible benefits plan with fixed benefits
- Build a customized private health insurance plan
Each of these strategies has advantages, both for employers and employees. Your benefits provider can help you determine the plan that best meets the needs of your company and your employees.
At The Benefits Trust, we believe in the importance of preventative care and early detection. We have helped many clients incorporate CHAs into their benefits packages. In support of health and wellness initiatives, clients of The Benefits Trust, their spouses, and their employees have access to our preferred rate with Medcan of $2,095. This represents $500 in savings per assessment.
Until May 30, 2014, you will also receive $200 of complimentary gourmet catering from Rose Reisman if you or your spouse comes to Medcan for a CHA. To take advantage of this offer, please email Yolanda at YolandaBillinkoff@medcan.com and quote The Benefits Trust. Click here to download the information sheet for this offer.
>> The Benefits Trust will help you build a better benefits plan than you can get anywhere else. Contact us to customize the perfect plan for your organization.
- Medcan’s Executive Health Plan
- How to Use Your Benefits Plan as a Business Tool
- Phasing in Employee Benefits by Seniority
- SelectFlex Benefits for Small Groups of 3 or More Employees - June 9, 2016
- Can I Have a Benefits Plan for One? [Video] - April 19, 2016
- Happy National Employee Benefits Day 2016! - April 4, 2016
- How Do You Transition to a Healthcare Spending Account? - March 15, 2016
- Access to Publicly Funded In Vitro Fertilization for Women under 43 - October 26, 2015
- Do You Know These Details about Employee Assistance Programs? - October 16, 2015
- What Is a Healthcare Spending Account? [Video] - July 2, 2015
- FREE eBook! Get “The Smart Employer’s Guide to HCSAs” - February 19, 2015
- Do You Know These Important OHIP Coverage Details? - February 13, 2015
- The Four Pitfalls of Self-Managing Your Healthcare Spending Account - January 14, 2015